Saturday, December 12, 2015

Thoughtful Gift For The Seamstress In Your Life



My Great Grandma, Gramma Rita and my Gramma Charlotte were very creative souls. Always, sewing, crafting, knitting, painting. I too have picked up the crafty sewing bug over the years. I am blessed to own my Great Grandmothers old Singer sewing machine which she made beautiful dresses with. It was the first sewing machine I started sewing on...
I love making things out of fabrics and thread, 
It is so rewarding. I came up with some fun ideas for you to gift a seamstress, crafter, or quilter in your life. I used vintage items which I have collected from thrift shopping, antiquing or Etsy online. You can find fun things the same way or you can use new items to fill a sweet sewing basket with.



I used a vintage sewing box as the container for this gift. Fill the inside with some fat quarter fabrics, threads, buttons, sewing supplies, a pin cushion, a few patterns, laces & rickrack...The possibilities to filling a sewing basket are endless. You can find these items in thrift shops or online buying it from Ebay or Etsy....Or go to Joann's or Hobby Lobby and get a sweet sewing basket and supplies all in one stop. You can't go wrong buying things like this for the seamstress in your life. 
She will be happy as a bee!



I found the sweet old patterns in the thrift shop for a couple bucks a piece and stacks of vintage quilt pieces and  feedsack fabrics online. I always find old buttons in thrift shops too. You just have to be ready for the hunt and dig through the shops to find these treasures.





I also put together a little library list of  some of my favorite sewing/quilting books.

Vintage Made Modern by Jennifer Casa
A Passion For Quilting by Nicki Trench
At Home With Modern June by Kelly McCants 
Fresh From The Clothesline by Darlene Zimmerman
Sugar Sack Quilts by Glenna Hailey
Treasures From The 30's by Nancy Mahoney
Sew Retro by Judi Ketteler

Hope you find some inspiration here...
Happy shopping and giving to your someone special!

Love, The Freckled Farmgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment