Monday, April 4, 2016

Happenings




I mentioned last week that I bartered with a gal in Texas...She got my package! Yay!!!! She loved what I added. I gave a little extra as a gift to her, like a fun patchy pair of cotton overalls I found for a few bucks while thrifting and added in some seeds and seed starter pots. She is very young, married with 3 littles living on their homestead. I thought she would appreciate the little extras. She was running a bit late on the barter she is sending me which is totally understandable when she has three kiddos underfoot. I am just thrilled that I was able to bless her.



We went to our tiny farmer's market in town over the weekend and picked up a dozen pasture raised & fed chicken eggs and half a chicken from The Pasture Chick, for one of our dinners this week.
 I will also be making some delicious stock after we eat it to use in another dish. There is nothing like having homegrown eggs and chicken...Even worth the extra money you spend for it...Plus I love that the Farmer gets the money from their goods. 





Since making my Dottie Frock last week I decided to make more to add to my farmgirl style...I can't wit to start cutting into this fabric I found from a gal in Kentucky. It's going to be very patchy and funky...I love it! Another gal reached out to me if she could barter with me...She would like a frock made from vintage sheets and she will send me some her goods. I agreed. 
Will share once the barter goes through. I will be slowly getting more things done for My Farmgirl shop as well....Just getting over this bad cold/flu... And planning out my to do list. Here's to a good productive week ahead!!! Cheers!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment