Thursday, March 31, 2016

Southern Farmgirl Potato Salad & Butterprint Pyrex


This last weekend I made a yummy potato salad for our Easter gathering. So today I am dropping in to share my recipe with you! Get those potatoes out and start peelin'!!!


Shopping List
******
2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
4 hard boiled eggs
1 onion finely chopped
1/2 C celery
1 red pepper
3/4 C mayonnaise
1/2 C sour cream
2 Tbl Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tbl sugar
1 tsp prepared mustard
1/4 C sweet pickle relish
salt & pepper to taste


Directions:

1. Boil potatoes until tender. Strain out water. 
Let potatoes cool down in a large bowl.
2. Slice hard boiled eggs and add to potatoes. Chop celery, onion,  
and red pepper into small pieces then add to potatoes along with sweet pickle relish.
3. In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, and sugar. Mix well and add to potatoes tossing until all ingredients are coated add salt & pepper to taste.
4. Serve cold and enjoy!!!!!

Did you notice the adorable Pyrex bowl I used? I collect vintage Pyrex and one of my beloved favorite prints is the Butterprint from the 1950's. Pyrex is celebrating 100 years this year and has come out with some pretty cute prints....One being the Butterprint! They are calling it Rise N Shine. I picked up a blue and white bowl to go along with my vintage Butterprint Pyrex. I love the Farmer & his wife and the rooster with the grain...So sweet! I found mine through Target online as they were also on sale...I got an extra 5% off using my Target Redcard then had it delivered to the store making sure I wouldn't miss them on the shelf. I bet these cuties will go fast!!! I got a great deal...However my only complaint would be it is not made in the USA like the old vintage Pyrex. Still cute though!




No comments:

Post a Comment