Saturday, March 19, 2016

Farmerboy Easter Basket


My little boy is almost 22 and all grown up, living on his own now. I thought of him while putting this basket together. Reminiscing about his childhood and his 2nd birthday when we had a Farmboy Barnyard petting farm party in our backyard. We had ducks, chickens, bunnies, goats and pigs there for the kids to pet and play with. Or I think back about the time we lived in a small townhouse and got him a duck...He name him Skipper. Skipper lived in his bathroom and would also swim around the bathtub with our boy in it too. That only lasted for a few weeks until Skipper grew too fast, we had to move him into the backyard...Then he outgrew the yard so we set him free at a local duck pond...LOL!!! The memories of that time are so vivid in my mind. He also had his beloved rabbit Jack who was a big part of the family until he was almost five. Then he got his first farm dog
 (An Australian Cattle Dog) he named Scampy. Scampy had a short lived life of five years and left a huge hole in our hearts when he died suddenly. I think of my boy and his little farm animals throughout the years, though we didn't live on a farm...I wanted him to have special memories like I did as a kid growing up with animals. These memories will be forever imprinted in his life....I think he would have loved this Easter basket when he was a little boy. 


This fun basket was simple to put together...
I hope it inspires you to make your own for the lil farmerboy in your life.



Shopping List:

*I found the white basket at a thrift store
*The stuffed cow was from the thrift store but can be found on Amazon search Deglingos Cow. They are designed in France.
*Choclate chicks from World Market
*Chocolate Lambs from Target
*Peeps on a stick Made by me but can be found pre~made at Target Or Walmart
*Milk Truck at The Dollar Tree
*Misc. Candies also from The Dollar Tree
*White plastic Eggs are from Hobby Lobby but can be found at Target or Walmart
*Plastic Farm animal set from Hobby Lobby
* I added a jar filled with Cow Pie Cookies: Find my recipe here.


May this brighten your Farmerboy's Easter! Have fun with it! 
Be creative!!

No comments:

Post a Comment