Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Farmhouse Scrappy Clothesline Basket



I've had this project on my list to make for quite a while....I happened to pass through an isle in Walmart where the cotton clothesline rope was, reminding me of this very project. The cotton clothesline rope came on a big skein measuring 100 feet. A few days later I pulled out my fabrics and scraps from my Dottie Frock made last month and started wrapping the rope. Four hours later it was ready to go. The rope itself is absolutely gorgeous. 
I chose mostly vintage fabrics in happy, bright colors.



This morning I got to making my farmhouse basket...And instantly fell in love!
The colors and prints are perfect together. My farmhouse basket turned 
out a little wonky...But hey, it's my first one after all.





It is the perfect size for gathering eggs, storing crafty projects, or giving a gift. I will definitely be making more of these! If you are interested in trying your hand at making one yourself, go to Pinterest.com and search rope basket tutorial. There are many to choose from.



And I may or may not have bought these 
jars of yummies for the label. LOL...


Happy basket making!!!

Linking up With Friday Farmgirl Blog hop 
Click here to see more fun posts from fellow farmgirls!

1 comment:

  1. That is adorable! How clever you are! Visiting from Farmgirl Friday!

    ReplyDelete