Sunday, January 10, 2016

Milk Bath Salts & Farmgirl Valentine Gift



I have been having a lot of fun in the kitchen lately making my own bath soaks and scrubs. I love that you can throw together a bunch of ingredients and use them in your home for bath and beauty, stress and relaxation. This weekend I made a couple batches of an oatmeal Milk bath salt soak. I threw together ingredients I had on hand...And confess it is delightful!!! Make a batch or two or three for yourself and some of your friends for Valentines Day this year! Below I am leaving you my recipe and a little gifting idea for you to give friends!


~Oatmeal Milk Bath Salt~

In a large mixing bowl combine:

1 Cup Epsom Salt
1/2 Cup sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
1/2 Cup Corn Starch
1 Cup Oat Meal
1 Cup Powdered Milk
2 Tbl dried Chamomile or Chamomile Tea Leaves
1 Tbl Black Tea Leaves
10 drops Lemongrass or Lavender Essential oil

( I doubled this recipe)

Mix all the ingredients in the large bowl...Mixing well till combined. Bottle it up in jars and decorate your jars or add a label. Add one cup of mixture to a warm bath and soak for 15~20 minutes. I collect jars to use for making and bottling up stuff. I keep the Starbucks iced coffee bottles and lids...They have a charming milk bottle shape. I also keep glass jars and lids from mayo or spaghetti sauce. Use paper doilies, cupcake liners and washie tapes to decorate your jars.


You can put together some cute gifts for your friends or family...Find a ceramic berry basket or find berry baskets online or in craft stores. Put some tissue paper inside and fill the basket with some bottled bath soaks, hand cream and candies. Add a paper doily to the basket and a tag from you!



A sweet treat for your Valentine friend! 
Have fun !!!

3 comments:

  1. Did I miss something? Where are you moving? Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I miss something? Do you know where you are moving? Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bath salts look so professional. You should put some on Etsy?
    You always come up with the neatest ideas!
    Love you sweet daughter.

    ReplyDelete