Wednesday, December 14, 2016

All Is Calm


Literally all is calm. 
We are moving into the Christmas season in a new state, a new home, a new community, a new church and I couldn't be anymore happier. This is our first days of snow and very cold sub zero weather. Looks like Winter is going to be a doozie here. Time to get prepared for it, I am glad I stocked up a bit on my canned goods. I just need to stock up on some other essentials and meat. That way if we get snowed in for a long Winters night, or two, or three...We won't have to worry about going out in the icy snow. This coming few days we will be getting temps below zero...
Who wants to go out in that mess?!! I went out the other day and got our first snow shovel. We used to get snow in Washington and never needed a shovel, but this snow needs a shovel. Pretty funny!



I am completely content with being home bound to the homestead and looking at the blankets of snow outside our windows, drinking hot cocoa or tea, 
bundled up in my quilts and granny gannies. I am all good here! This Christmas will be a calm one for us. No fuss, no muss or stress. I already got my Christmas cards sent off. All I need to do now is get my son's package dropped at the Post and we are set. We are going small this year!



We got our girl a few gifts! 
Mr. Darling and I will not be exchanging this year. Well to be honest we usually don't ever exchange gifts...Because well, we have all we need. 
For me it has always been for the kids. And heck, I am pretty darn spoiled throughout the year. I am the kind of gal who doesn't need much to please....My family already delivers!






Today we are doing house chores and enjoying the snow covered ground around us...My kind of day. Perhaps a cup of hot cocoa is in order as the temperatures will be drastically dropping in the next couple of hours. Stay warm y'all. I pray your Christmas season is stress free and that all is calm!



1 comment: