Thursday, February 4, 2016

Farmgirl Natural Skin & Beauty Care Products




As I'm aging I realized perhaps I didn't care for my skin as I should have when it was younger. I would just simply wash my face and go. I find that as I have aged my skin is dried out especially during the Summer & Fall, and Winter months. I decided a while back that I would take care of my skin while I am aging from now on. Hopefully with better care, my skin will age a bit more gracefully. With all the chemicals we are bombarded with in this world, I also decided I would use products that won't be so harsh. Along with daily stresses, chemicals and pollution don't you owe it to yourself to be gentle with your self not only on the inside but the outside too? Some of my favorite products have bee's wax and essential oils in them, which also have wonderful benefits for your skin. Bee's wax acts as an emollient and humectant, drawing moisture to the skin and sealing it in. It also contains vitamin A which is beneficial in softening and rehydrating dry skin and in cell reconstruction. It is also used as an antibacterial and helps rashes etc... After a nice soak in one of my homemade bath salt/ essential oil soaks, I will also use a homemade sugar scrub on my face. Dry off and use one of my lotions on my arms, legs, elbows, neck, face, hands and feet. I use several different lotion products, just switching them out if I want a different scent or no scent at all. I also use a bee's wax lip balm or EOS brand on my lips throughout the day. Savannah Bee makes some yummy lotions and bath wash...Lemongrass is one of favorites to use. 


I also like using Tea Tree oil or Witch Hazel as a skin toner/ astringent. Naturally they won't dry out your face like other chemical infused products. They are also great for tightening pores, seals in moisture and great for dry skin as well. I use witch hazel and a cotton pad to wipe down my face when I need to refresh or even take off makeup. Burt's Bee"s makes some great face wipes for taking off Makeup as well or wiping off dirt etc...with no need to rinse your face. Perfect for on the go or just a quick refresh before bed or in a rushed morning.


If I'm not wearing makeup I will use coconut oil as a moisturizer a couple times a day. My night time regimen is putting coconut oil and a drop of lavender essential oil to my face. It's soft and calming, while rehydrating my face. The lavender is delightful and helps me release stress and relaxes me before slumber. Plus Lavender essential oil is a great anti inflammatory and essential for healthier skin cells giving your skin nutrients and much needed oxygen. 
It benefits glowing healthy skin which we all want!



I am learning a lot more about using natural essential oils that are so very beneficial for your body and health. It is remarkable that God gives us these natural elements that are good for us. Why use products full of man made chemicals that you can't even pronounce, 
when you can use natural products using God given ingredients. Since I've started using more natural products and homemade beauty products I've made... I have noticed a change in mind and body. 
My skin is softer and I glow like I never have before. It's amazing! You are worth it to take care of yourself and pamper yourself with a more natural approach. And why not take good care of the largest organ you have: Your skin!!! Hoping this will inspire you!

No comments:

Post a Comment