Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Chicken Scratch~ Dreaming Of Spring In The Dead Of Winter



Winter can get really dark! It's been cold, icy, wet & snowy off and on and the skies are gray. It can get a little depressing after a while when you don't see the sunshine much. Though I do enjoy a little bit of what each Season has to offer...I do like Winter as well...I love to get all bundled up with a nice hot cuppa something....I love the rain and snow to a certain degree...But I love Spring the most! I am filling up my mind with ideas for this coming Spring...Gathering inspiration, planning and dreaming.

We will be putting our garden in, a compost bin, Spring clean & purge, and making. Since it has been gloomy around here, I got out some of my fabrics...I love all the happy sunshiny colors...I can't wait to sit down and dig in and just make. But I am not going to wait for Spring to do that, I will start making goodies in a week and a half. Why a week and a half? Well...That is when I will have more time to create. It has been a hectic few months with the holidays, illness and my daughters schooling & upcoming play. The play has been a huge commitment of driving her back and forth to rehearsals which have taken up a majority of time. We are gone several times a week for hours. The remainder of the days we are burnt out or catching up on house chores. I am looking forward to having a little more down time however. Though I am so very happy and excited for my daughter... I will do anything for that girl...She is worth it!







I am so in love with these happy fabrics & colors...I hope to show you what I make soon...And will also start sharing some of the inspiration I have gathered for our garden! EEEP! 
So excited to get my hands dirty outside when the weather warms up and getting our homestead growing some of our own fresh food. It will be a fun adventure!




“Everyday I discover more and more beautiful things. It’s enough to drive one mad. I have such a desire to do everything, my head is bursting with it.” -Claude Monet

No comments:

Post a Comment