Monday, September 18, 2017

Peanut Butter Banana Overnite Oats



With hectic mornings and no time to make breakfast a few days in my home...I thought I would try my hand at making overnight oats. You will find many recipes on Pinterest or the internet for different flavors...I am actually surprised with what is out there. I wanted mine to be as healthy as possible. I also doubled my recipe to fit into a quart size jar. I put in 1 cup of rolled oats, 2 teaspoons real maple syrup, 1 teaspoon flax seed a dash of cinnamon, mixed well, then added 2 Tablespoons peanut butter and 1 cup of cashew milk, mix well. I then put a lid on the jar, refrigerated overnight. In the morning I added a bit of vanilla Greek yogurt with a bit of cinnamon on top with some banana slices. This was so filling, I couldn't finish it....It actually kept me pretty full well into lunchtime. 



The flavors were great together...It wasn't too sweet either...The peanut butter helped with that too! MMMM it was pretty dang good. I am planning on keeping a couple few jars of this in the refrigerator each week to grab on the go!!!

 Next one I am making will be with peach. 
If it's family approved, I will leave ya'll a recipe for it!


1 comment: