Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Naked Cake



I love baking and making things pretty but I didn't realize I may have a little knack for actually decorating cakes. I have made cakes but never really tried my hand at decorating techniques. I have been drawn to the beauty of the naked cake you see all over Pinterest that people do for weddings and such. I was also asked to do my son and fiance's cake for their upcoming wedding in May. An honor to be asked by them. I thought it may be a good idea to start practicing for it. My soon to be daughter in law requested the naked cake look. 



I did my first practice run the other day. I used a box cake mix for this..Mind you I will be doing their cake by scratch. This was a cheap alternative since it is a practice cake. The look of their cake will also be very different. Again, this is just for practice. And I am quite pleased that I made this thing. It looks professional...(i think) I have a couple months to practice...So I will definitely be baking many more. I even decided I would make our 25th Wedding Anniversary Cake and my birthday cake coming up in April. So I do have an excuse to have some cake...Right?



Who knows maybe this can turn into a lil side business. 
We will see. 




I made a homemade butter cream with the peach preserves I canned up this last Summer. It is layered with Basil Peach jam I also made, then drizzled with peach sauce...also, homemade. I think a cake from scratch would taste best...Cake mix cake is kinda eh..... Still very happy with the turnout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment