- Pastry for nine inch double crust (or single, if preferred)
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (cane sugar preferred)
- 3 tablespoons flour, divided (may substitute gluten free flour blend)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2-3 cups diced fresh rhubarb
- Milk for brushing pie crust
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees...Line 9 inch pie plate with the bottom crust.
Combine 1 cup of sugar with 2 tablespoons of flour. Mix in eggs and rhubarb. Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of flour into the bottom of the crust. Pour rhubarb filling into the bottom crust.
Roll out top crust. Cut vent holes or weave into lattice. Apply to top of pie. Crimp edges to seal.brush milk on top of crust then sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar over the crust.
Bake 350° F and bake about 40-45 minutes or until the custard is set. Cool before serving. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.