Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Changing My Name & Art Journaling













I've decided to change my business/blog name! I'm getting older and there's no future as it looks now where I will have a hobby farm in this season of my life... I am a farmgirl at heart but Frolicking Farmgirl for my business name didn't seem personal to ME. I will always be The Frolicking Freckled Farmgirl...or Frolicking Freckles: But where I originate from would definitely be Wildroots. On both sides of my family...We have different roots stemming from all over the world, and my upbringing was definitely wild....I never had a rooted upbringing, let alone a rooted life... (IE: Staying somewhere long enough to grow deep roots and grow in one place.) I am not even sure how long we would even make roots where we are at now. In this season of our lives...we are trying to plant our roots in Indiana, but this is not our forever home. Meaning the rental we live in now, definitely is not where I want to live for the rest of my days. We have always moved around unable to plant deep. My roots are just all over the place! And that is ok. That is what has shaped me in my life, making me who I am today. The only thing I know for sure and is the deepest root of all, that has never been uprooted is that I am planted deep in my faith. 
When it comes to my business...I am dreaming up things to make and create and actually open up again as a place to find homemade goods. I have been on a very long hiatus due to our roots being pulled up many times over the last decade. I have had some time to heal not only mentally but physically from trauma we endured from toxic people in our lives and health issues that kept me from living a happy full life. But, I am healing...and I am the happiest I have been in years. So, with that I will start creating again and hope to share it with everyone. It has brought me joy to actually dabble in painting and sewing, baking, and making. 
I have also started an art journal. Hope you like my first several excerpts.
Stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment